The Garden Classroom
The Garden Classroom (TGC) is an award-winning non-profit organisation committed to connecting inner city children and young people to their natural world by providing creative outdoor experiences that inspire and educate while nurturing a respect for the environment.
Aims and objectives
- To provide high quality experiences for young people that promote learning outside the classroom.
- To educate the next generation with the skills and values needed for an ecologically sound future.
- To reduce inequalities by removing barriers to engagement and improve access to nature, and to the experience of growing food, for people living in areas of deprivation.
- To provided CPD to teachers, to equip them with the skills and confidence to teach outside the classroom.
- To develop a successful, sound and sustainable TGC organisation.