Octopus Community Network
Established in 1999 the Octopus Community Network (Octopus) is a group of pioneering community
organisations working collaboratively to provide services and opportunities that support the
most deprived communities in London.
Our principal objectives are:
- To promote the benefit of the inhabitants of Greater London by associating local
authorities, voluntary organisations and other agencies and inhabitants in a common effort to
advance education and provide facilities to improve social welfare, recreation and leisure-time
- The promotion of the voluntary sector for the benefit of the public.
We do this by:
- Engaging diverse communities in meaningful activities and services by reaching out to and
supporting those most in need.
- Inspiring our communities by developing activities that raise aspirations and a ‘can do’
mentality to advice social and economic integration.
- Motivating our communities to live life to its fullest potential.
- Equipping our communities with the skills, confidence and competence to seize a meaningful
and rewarding place within society.
- Supporting our communities into positive and relevant activities to ensure a better quality
of life and greater opportunities.