Course: Forest School in the Early Years of Childhood
Suffolk Wildlife Trust
Knettishall Heath, Thetford, Suffolk
15 November 2024
A one day certificated course for adults working with young children in Forest School sessions.
A day exploring how we can adapt the skills we learn in Forest School training, into both
parent and child Forest School and at Early Years Forest School.
Looking at creating magic, building play structures, songs, story and how we can engage parents
who attend Forest School with their children.
This training day runs from 10am - 3.30pm in an outdoor setting.
What will I need for the course?
- Packed lunch, cup and snacks
- Suitable outdoor clothing for the weather conditions (trousers, not shorts)
- Stout shoes or boots. Please do not wear sandals.
- A camera or camera phone can be useful for recording some of the activities
- Photo ID e.g. passport or driving licence
We will provide:
- Tea and coffee
- All tools and equipment for the outdoor tasks (N.B. For a variety of reasons we would ask
you not to bring your own tools)
Find out more