Tunbridge Wells, Kent
£28,000 - £35,000 pa
Closing date: Thursday, 7th March 2024
4 days left
Corylus Ecology is a small but well-established ecological consultancy based in Tunbridge Wells
in Kent and Ashburton in Devon. We specialise in ecological surveys, impact assessments and
mitigation design for a wide range of private and public-sector clients.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Ecologist to our Kent team to become a key member of our
friendly, professional team. We are keen to see our staff progress in their consultancy careers
and will give you the opportunity to do so by working on a range of interesting projects.
As the successful candidate, you will be passionate about nature conservation, enjoy both
office-based and outdoor tasks, be a quick learner with a proactive approach to work, and enjoy
About the role
Working as a senior ecologist you will:
- Manage Ecologists and Field Ecologists. Balanced workload that will include fieldwork,
office work, proposal and tender preparation and project management.
- Undertake and manage a diverse range of habitat and species surveys
- Named ecologist on EPS licences.
- Manage multiple projects and provide technical advice to project teams.
- Liaising with clients, design team, ecological regulators and planning authorities.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- A relevant degree. We will consider candidates without a degree but with relevant
- Member of CIEEM or equivalent professional body.
- Requirement for significant relevant experience in the role, typically suiting someone with 5
years or more working in an ecological consultancy role.
Experience of delivering EcIA.
- Obtaining EPS licences.
- A genuine interest in wildlife and nature conservation, with experience of UK plant and
animal identification and survey work.
- Self-motivation, the ability to work independently and under pressure to tight deadlines,
and good attention to detail.
- A good understanding of UK wildlife law and planning policy as well as European
- Experience with the use of GIS and/or AutoCAD is desirable.
- An understanding on Biodiversity Net Gain is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be a good team player with great interpersonal
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Full valid driving licence.
Corylus Ecology offers the successful candidate the opportunity to progress their career within
the company and work alongside experienced ecologists. You will benefit from the following:
- A structured training programme including in-house training and external training budget.
- Annual professional membership subscription.
- Competitive annual leave.
- TOIL policy.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Access to Health Assured an on-line health and wellbeing support system.
Please apply by emailing [email protected] and include the following details in your application:
- University course, dates and grade achieved.
- Ecological consultancy experience and/or other relevant experience.
- Membership of CIEEM (or eligibility to apply).
- Details of any protected species licences held, or licences that you are working towards.
- Relevant training courses and voluntary work that you have undertaken to improve your
- Confirm that you have a full clean UK driving licence and access to a car insured for
- Salary requirements.