Centre for Sustainable Energy
£23,936 pa pro rata
carbon, climate & energy, sustainability
Closing date: Monday, 4th March 2024
1 day left
Our vision is a world where sustainability is second nature carbon emissions have been cut to
safe levels and fuel poverty has been replaced by energy justice. We share our knowledge and
practical experience to empower people to change the way they think and act about energy.
Working within the Household Energy Services (HES) team, the Grant Administrator role is for
those who would like to gain experience in administration and customer service. The role will
include a probation period and competency review after six months.
Pay and conditions
- The role is part-time (14-20 hours).
- The salary for the role will be £23,936.
- You will be entitled to 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata) plus statutory holidays.
- CSE offer a range of benefits including salary sacrifice childcare vouchers, subsidised
bike purchase and Tech Scheme.
- We will pay fees and expenses on relevant training courses.
An applicant appointed to the role will be expected to:
- Enter text based and numerical information into excel sheets and CSE’s customer database.
- Communicate with people, some of whom may be vulnerable, verbally and in writing.
- Be responsible for the day to day updating of our systems such as your CSE timesheets and
our client database.
- Listen attentively to callers (some of whom may be in distress) and respond to their needs
in an empathetic way.
- Review eligibility documents submitted by householders to determine their eligibility for
- Familiarise yourself with and adhere to CSE’s protocol, processes and procedures.
Essential attributes for this role include:
- Minimum Maths and English GCSE.
- Fluent English language Skills.
- Ability to respond to clients in a respectful and engaging manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experience of managing a caseload.
- Ability to take responsibility for you own work and seek support where necessary.
- Highly organised at managing time and workload.
To see the full list of essential and desirable skills please see the job
description available to download from our website.
To apply, please complete the application from available to download, along with other supporting documents from our website. Your application should demonstrate
how you meet the person specification.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 4 March 2024.
If invited to interview, we will ask you to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Find out more & apply