Senior Data Consultant
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, with possibility for hybrid working
£45,000 - £60,000 pa
carbon, climate & energy, sustainability
Closing date: Monday, 4th March 2024
5 days left
Note: The deadline for this role has been extended.
Sava is a growing profitable business, comprising three enterprises:
- Sava Education – an education and information business that supports the UK residential
surveying and valuation sector via training and qualifications.
- Sava Technology – a software business that provides tools to social housing providers which
enable them to analyse and implement zero carbon strategies.
- Sava Analytics – a consultancy business that carries out data enhancement and analysis
based on our software tools, as well as strategic advice on energy and sustainability to a
variety of private and public sector clients.
Sava Intelligent Energy, our core software product, is a premium, market leading product that
is used by over 250 social housing providers to manage the energy efficiency of their housing
Our Analytics team uses Sava Intelligent Energy to work with the clients to improve the quality
of their data by spotting gaps and shortfalls then enhancing the data, as well as assisting
with designing bespoke net-zero-carbon housing improvement plans: sava.co.uk/towards-zero-carbon/analytics-and-strategic-support
The Analytics team also provides energy efficiency and sustainability consultancy to diverse
clients working in the built environment. This ranges from research and technical writing to
risk analysis and ‘trusted advisor’ support.
We are looking for an experienced data consultant who also has a track record of developing
enduring customer relationships, and securing new and repeat business. We are looking for a
technically minded individual who also has an interest in energy efficiency and carbon
emissions reduction in the housing context. This role is ideal for a bright, enthusiastic, and
ambitious individual who would like to progress their data consultancy and business development
career within the sustainability field.
What you will be doing
- Providing guidance to customers to enable them to interpret their housing data; advising
them on energy improvement plans for their housing stock, including net-zero-carbon strategies
- Meeting with customers to understand their needs, writing proposals accordingly, and seeing
them through to firm contracts
- Mentoring the data work of the Analytics team members as required
- Applying technical skills to obtain, prepare and shape customers’ housing energy data
- Consolidating multiple data sources into a format that can be used by our software
- Occasionally conducting research and advice on wider aspects of sustainability.
We want you to have the following skills, abilities, and attributes
- Ability to analyse, interpret and manipulate large data sets
- A compelling track record of developing enduring customer relationships, and securing new
and repeat business
- Confidence in mentoring technical staff, and supervising their work on occasion
- Ability to write comprehensive reports, technical summaries, and articles
- Able to anticipate issues, take responsibility and make decisions.
We really need you to have the following knowledge
- Excellent IT skills – in particular Excel in depth and Office 365 in general
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise
others clearly, instilling confidence and leaving positive impressions.
We would also like you to have
- A degree in data science or an equivalent subject
- An interest in sustainability and helping organisations to reduce their carbon emissions.
- Knowledge of the UK social housing sector
The annual salary for this role is in the range £45-60k, and will be based on the individual’s
skills and experience. Other aspects of remuneration and employment can be discussed at the
- Life assurance at 4 x salary cover
- Company contribution to pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5 volunteering days in addition to your annual leave each year
- Support to access training and qualifications even if they are not directly related to your
- Generous long term sick pay scheme
- Confidential helpline for support with emotional, financial, and legal matters
- Discounts on gym membership, free counselling for emotional support and health, fitness and
- 24/7 access to online appointments with a private GP
To apply for this opportunity, please write to us with your CV and a covering
letter to [email protected]. In the letter
please tell us why you would like to work for Sava (100 words maximum), and your current
salary. The selection process is likely to include the following steps:
- An initial video/ telephone discussion
- A video interview
- Online psychometric and competency assessments and a task to allow you to further
demonstrate your abilities to us
- A face-to-face interview.
At Sava we are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds. We want to build teams which
represent a variety of experiences, perspectives, and skills, and we recognise talent based on
merit and potential.