Net Zero Carbon Officer
Diocese of Chelmsford
£40,000 - £45,000 pa
carbon, climate & energy, sustainability
Closing date: Wednesday, 28th February 2024
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum, subject to experience and qualifications
Working hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
(Part-time may be considered for an exceptional candidate, with a minimum of 28 hours per
week.) Hybrid Working may be considered (60% of working time to be undertaken at the Diocesan
Benefits: Hybrid and flexible working schemes, 11% non-contributory pension
scheme, 25 days holiday rising to 29 after five years’ service.
The Chelmsford Diocese is seeking to implement its commitment to reaching carbon net zero by
2030 in line with the Church of England General Synod’s Net Zero Carbon Routemap. There is a
need for a dedicated role to support the implementation of this commitment.
- Liaise with relevant staff and other individuals within the Diocese to understand
progression reaching carbon net zero in different areas (including churches, schools, clergy
property, cathedral, travel)
- Work according to Diocesan strategy to achieve the net zero target, identifying appropriate
funding streams for all aspects of the work required, including capital projects, energy audits
and developing plans.
- Advise on funding for specific projects, supporting funding applications and exploring
group procurement as appropriate.
- Work with other dioceses, particularly those in the Eastern Region, to maximise the
potential for identifying and securing funding.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, for example hold a professional qualification or
have considerable related experience (with sound numeracy and literacy skills)
- Specific skills and expertise in an area related to understanding the implementation of
carbon emissions reduction
- Experience of using and supporting databases, analysis of trends, and producing summary
tables and graphs
- Holder of a full driving license and access to private transport
For more information about the role, please review the full
job description, and to apply please complete an application form and return to [email protected]
Closing Date: 28th February 2024
Interviews: 11th March 2024
Please be advised we reserve the right to close the role early, and we cannot consider
candidates who do not complete and return a completed application form. Please refer to the
Find out more & apply