Assistant Programme Manager - Scottish EPC Register
Energy Saving Trust
Up to £26,393 pa, depending on experience
carbon, climate & energy, sustainability
Closing date: Sunday, 21st August 2022
2 days left
Closing Date: 21 August 2022
Issue Date: 5 August 2022
Position Ref: EM 919
Location: Edinburgh. Blended working (home & Edinburgh office)
Salary: Up to £26,393 (depending on experience)
Energy Saving Trust is a leading and trusted organisation, dedicated to promoting energy
efficiency, low carbon transport and sustainable energy use. We aim to address the climate
emergency and deliver the wider benefits of clean energy as we transition to net zero.
- Reporting to the Programme Manager, this role will be responsible for supporting the
successful delivery of the Scottish Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Register in Scotland.
The focus will be on managing the daily operations of the Register as well as providing project
support to the long-term deliverables.
- You will be assisting with the design, testing and maintenance of technical improvements and
operational processes to the EPC Register, consulting with stakeholders, Approved
Organisations, Software Providers, and relevant EST staff to ensure Scottish Government
priorities are met.
- You will become a subject matter expert on the EPC Register and its data by those seeking
What you’ll do
- Complete other operational tasks such as monthly data and budget reporting, financial
administration and maintaining good admin systems to ensure that all filing and key documents
are kept in accordance with EST’s quality procedures.
- Be the first point of contact to provide high quality support to external users of the EPC
Register and respond to general and technical enquiries relating to the register, EPCs, Green
Deal and Section 63. You will also respond to requests for access to the EPC data including
initiating Data Sharing Agreements and specifying and reviewing data extracts in order to
maintain data quality.
- Testing – complete and support the testing of register changes to ensure they are fit for
purpose and do not introduce any errors to the system. This will include identifying test
scripts from requirements, identifying regression packs alongside testing new functionality,
managing any defects and undertaking exploratory testing as required.
- Project delivery for the EPC Register – working with the Programme Manager to deliver
technical and operational improvements to the Scottish EPC Register. With support from the
Programme Manager you will ensure project deliverables are achieved on schedule, within budget
and meet stakeholder expectations. You will support delivery of project work plans and identify
and escalate any project issues if necessary.
- Deputise for the Programme Manager when required.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of delivering projects including various reporting and financial administration.
- Knowledge of functional testing, and how to write and execute test plans and cases in an
end-to-end test service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor content for a
technical and/or non-technical audience..
This is a full time, permanent role. We are open to flexible working patterns and blended (home
and office-based) working is possible for this role.
Energy Saving Trust offers a range of benefits to all employees such as flexible working, an
employee assistance programme and a wellbeing allowance.
For more information, please see the job description on our careers page.
Applications close on 21 August 2022 at 23:59.
To address the urgent challenges posed by the climate emergency, we need a diversity of people,
experiences and ideas. We strongly encourage applicants from a wide range of
backgrounds and with different identities and experiences to apply for roles with Energy Saving
Find out more about our
commitment to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace here.
If you think you may need some additional support or reasonable adjustments made to any part of
the application/recruitment process, please get in touch with [email protected].
Due to current restrictions on office capacity the majority of our staff are working from home.
Will we be happy to discuss how we are managing this and the transition to a blended working
model at the interview stage with you.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this
post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Find out more & apply