Climate Resilience Manager
£32,000 - £45,000 pa pro rata
carbon, climate & energy
Closing date: Friday, 26th August 2022
7 days left
AWS Charity Jobs are delighted to be working in partnership with Sniffer to appoint a Climate
This is a Full time post (35 hours) but flexible / part time working hours are available for
To manage and deliver a portfolio of inter-related climate resilience and transformation
projects, including securing new funding where appropriate.
To implement Sniffer’s vision as a changemaker for a fairer and flourishing Scotland in a
future climate and deliver their business strategy.
- Leading, managing and/or supporting diverse and challenging portfolio of adaptation and
climate resilience projects.
- Informing climate resilience policy and practice in the context of systems change.
- Providing technical expertise and leadership for specific climate resilience challenges.
- Engaging with stakeholders and managing effective relationships.
- Building capacity and empowering individuals and organisations to lead climate resilience
and transformation work within their organisations, sectors and spheres of influence through
organising training programmes and events.
- Delivering Sniffer’s business strategy and securing new income.
- Contribute to Sniffer’s approach to reflective learning.
Requirements of the post and person
We are looking for candidates who have a broad experience in climate resilience, adaptation and
transformation, with the expectation of an in depth knowledge of several of the following:
Technical skills, knowledge and experience
- Approaches that address transformation and systems change in relation to climate resilience
– including social systems, governance models, participatory democracy and decision making.
- Partnership building and collaboration – including understating of how to go deeper,
examine structures, and provide a route-map for action.
- Locally led adaptation and climate resilience through the lens of communities and local
actors. To include practical insight of climate and social justice and working with
- Delivering climate resilience projects in a collaborative, co-designed environment
including shaping policy nationally and locally. This includes experience in facilitation,
consensus building, project management and governance.
- Specific tools and innovation to support climate resilience including climate finance and
economic analysis, risk assessments within a systems approach / data driven climate risk
mapping and analytics and use of creative practice. Experience of using and interpreting
climate information, scenarios, provision of adaptation services.
- Understanding of UK and Scottish climate change legislation and practice.
Business management and development
- Awareness of funding opportunities beyond public sector – in particular philanthropic
funding and major donors including green finance – and ability to open the door to new funding.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships with senior leaders (public, private, third
and community sector, academia and funders).
- Impact evaluation, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Advocacy and profile raising for change.
Communications and advocacy
- Alliance, partnership and inclusive network building framed inclusively.
- Advocacy and influencing / thought leadership and empowerment.
- Profile raising.
- Storytelling and narratives of change.
- Digital engagement.
- Writing and producing briefing materials, reports, case studies and online content,
webinars and presentations for a wide range of audiences in accessible language and format.
Qualifications and experience
- A good honours degree or postgraduate qualification in sustainability, natural sciences,
economics, planning or social sciences.
- We envisage at least three years experience of working in a relevant professional
Way of working
Sniffer are looking for candidates who would enjoy their internal culture and working style:
- Ability to innovate and bring about change – and understanding of how change happens.
- Strong facilitation skills and collaborative working – internally and externally.
- Co-design of initiatives.
- Solutions and impact/outcome focused.
- Matrix management.
Salary: £32k - £45k – p/t will be pro rata - initial salary placement
is anticipated to be up to £40k with any progression dependent on the level of experience.
Contract: Open Ended
AWS Charity Jobs are managing applications for this vacancy. You will be redirected to a
microsite where you will find a full job description and application form. If you have any
questions about the role / your application please contact [email protected]
The closing date is Friday 26th August 2022 at 12 noon.
Find out more & apply