Welcome and Fundraising Officer
Arne, Wareham, Dorset
£19,305 - £21,417 pa
conservation & wildlife
Closing date: Wednesday, 31st August 2022
Are you a people person who thrives in busy and dynamic public-facing environments and would
you like to work on one of the RSPB's most beautiful nature reserves, if so, then this could be
the perfect job for you!
We are looking for someone to be part of our visitor welcome and membership recruitment team at
the beautiful RSPB Arne nature reserve, helping raise vital funds to support the work of the
About RSPB Arne
RSPB Arne is a beautiful site spanning over 600 hectares and is home to an amazing range of
habitats and species. The rare lowland heathland offers homes for reptiles and rare insects and
the vast mudflats of Poole harbour supports thousands of visiting waders and ducks in winter.
RSPB Arne is a flagship reserve and offers a huge opportunity to engage people and to gain
their vital support which is much needed to continue and grow our conservation work.
Key Activities will include:
Providing excellent customer service to our visitors.
- Working with other fundraisers and volunteers to welcome and enthuse our visitors about their
visit with the aim to inspire them to support the work of the RSPB.
- Achieving personal targets and objectives for fundraising within a target-driven environment.
- Working closely with the rest of the team at the Arne nature reserve to put RSPB members at
the heart of our work at RSPB Arne.
What we need from you
A high standard of visitor experience and excellent customer service.
- An excellent verbal communicator and the ability to engage with a wide range of visitors face
- Have proven ability of working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, managing time
effectively to achieve targets and KPIs.
- The ability to provide direction, energy and capability in order to lead and manage a team of
- Competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A team player who is also capable of working well under their own initiative and have the
ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Good organisational and admin skills for this multi-tasking role with the ability to go the
extra mile to achieve your own goals.
- To have an ability and willingness to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends as
- A driving license valid for use in the UK with access to a car is essential due to the remote
location of the reserve.
Although experience in a similar role is desirable, we actively encourage anybody who
believes that they have the required transferrable skills to apply for this role. Enthusiasm
and a can-do attitude are most important to these roles.
The RSPB has seven key competencies that are important to our organisation’s success and are
reflected in everything that we do. We would advise you to consider both these and the job
description above when completing your application.
Direction - You ensure that you have a clear direction and sense of common purpose that
guides what you do and how you approach your work.
- Energy - You bring energy and urgency to the RSPB to motivate people to do the best they can
- Capability - You build your own and other people’s capabilities, directly and indirectly.
- Relationships - You communicate effectively and build productive internal and external
- Change - You support continuous improvement and change and constantly look for ways to do
- Advocacy - You act as an advocate for the RSPB
- Performance - You get things done, achieve ambitious goals and the RSPB’s aims.
This permanent post will predominately be based at Arne but may involve travel throughout the
The position offers 37.5 hours per week.
The interview for this role will be mid-September.
For further information about either role please contact [email protected]
Please note that you will be required to upload a CV and complete an online application form
where you will have the opportunity to tell us how you meet the criteria set above.
Before applying to this role, we would encourage you to read through the candidate guidance
notes attached to the top of this advert.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act 1974.
Find out more & apply