Blue Carbon Economist
Blue Marine Foundation
Flexible with occasional working in London
£40,000 - £60,000 pa, dependent on experience
A vacancy has arisen for a Blue Carbon Economist to join the Blue Marine Foundation (Blue
Marine) team. Reporting to the Development Director and working alongside an internal team
and external board of advisers, the Blue Carbon Economist will play a principal role in driving
forward Blue Marine’s blue carbon unit. They will deliver on dynamic workstreams including:
- Principal role in the development, verification and establishment of global voluntary carbon
- Economic underpinning of innovative blue carbon projects with a focus on the UK to start.
- Develop a proof of concept for biodiversity and nitrate credits alongside blue carbon credits
via a seascape approach in the UK.
- Contribute to the establishment of a trusted voluntary blue carbon market that supports BLUE’s
vision for a healthy ocean.
- Raising the profile of the ocean as a climate change solution.
The successful applicant should be highly numerate, with experience in nature-based solutions.
They should have deep understanding of the economics of voluntary carbon markets (ideally blue
carbon markets) and an understanding of climate change policy. Applicants from the business
community are welcome. The candidate may have the following:
- High level of numeracy with insight into complex economic modelling
- Business or economics training
- Understanding of voluntary carbon market deals
- Skill and experience in carbon project development
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects with a ‘sleeves-rolled-up’ attitude
- Self-motivated, with rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a team
Hours & contract information:
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Location: Flexible with some time at Somerset House, London.
Contract: Permanent, three-month probation.
Holidays: 5 weeks leave per annum plus national holidays
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Title: Blue Carbon Economist
Reporting to: Development Director
The application deadline is 31/08/2022
Please send your CV and a letter explaining your skills and suitability for the role along with
information on your salary expectations to Becki Constable: [email protected]