Forestry GIS Analyst
Cawdor Forestry Ltd
Cawdor, Nairn, Inverness
Dependent on experience
conservation & wildlife, ecology
Closing date: Friday, 19th August 2022
4 days left
Cawdor Forestry is a respected and innovative forestry consultancy, specialising in providing
quality forest management services to a diverse range of clients in the Highlands and north
east of Scotland.
We have an exciting opportunity for a GIS professional to join our team. The role involves
working in a small business on a diverse mix of projects including; forest planning, GIS and
cartography, data management, data collection, forest certification and contract management. Working out of our Cawdor office, near Nairn in the Highlands of Scotland this provides a
fantastic opportunity to live and work in an exceptional part of the world with excellent
access to the outdoors.
Expected start: Autumn 2022.
Salary dependent on experience.
The key job responsibilities are:
- Maintain forestry geospatial database and map records.
- Ensure quality and currency of geospatial data and map outputs.
- Provide GIS, mapping and data management support to forest managers and clients.
- Assist with forest management and planning.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- A relevant qualification in GIS, or including a GIS module.
- Experience in using QGIS and ArcGIS.
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel and the MS Office suite.
- High PC literacy.
- An eye for detail.
- An adaptable and willing to learn attitude.
- A genuine interest in the use of GIS and IT.
- Clear communication skills with colleagues and clients.
- An understanding of the rural environment.
- A driving licence.
Additional desirable requirements:
- Experience of working with databases, especially PostGIS and MS Access.
- Experience/knowledge of the forestry industry.
- GPS surveying / data collection experience.
- Knowledge of the rural payments and grants system.
- An interest in cartography and data presentation.
- Knowledge of the Woodland Carbon Code.
- Knowledge of voluntary registration and property mapping.
- An interest in 3D visualisation and rendering.
If you think that you are the person we are looking for please submit a covering letter/email
and CV to: Davina MacLennan, Cawdor Forestry, Estate Office, Cawdor, Nairn, IV12 5RE, [email protected]