PR & Communications Manager
Scottish Wildlife Trust
Leith, Edinburgh, with hybrid working
PR & Communications Manager
Status: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: c.£30K per annum
- Location: Harbourside House, Leith (flexible with option of hybrid home
- Closing date: 19 July 2022
For over 50 years, the Scottish Wildlife Trust has worked with its members, partners and
supporters in pursuit of healthy, resilient ecosystems across Scotland’s land and seas for the
benefit of people and wildlife. The Trust successfully champions the cause of wildlife through
policy and campaigning work, demonstrates best practice through practical conservation and
innovative partnerships, and inspires people to take positive action through its education and
To ensure the Scottish Wildlife Trust achieves a high and positive public profile, effectively
engaging with all its target audiences through high quality communications and having an
increasingly engaged supporter base in pursuit of the Trust’s vision.
- To lead on all media work including handling all incoming media enquiries; proactively
seeking media stories from across the Trust; writing and issuing press releases; and
maintaining a press contacts database.
- To support the development and implementation of an annual communications plan.
- To manage the Trust’s main social media accounts and activity.
- To maintain a strategic calendar of notable events to inform the Trust’s communications.
- To act as the News Editor for Scottish Wildlife magazine and support the development of new
communications projects such as the Nature Recovery Showcase.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have a relevant degree or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in a media and PR-related role.
- Have the ability to manage a team to achieve collective goals.
- Demonstrable track record of proactively generating print, broadcast and online media
coverage on a range of topics.
- Experience of handling media enquiries, managing social media and producing press releases
for approval by multiple contributors.
- Be able to prioritise and deliver tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience of using website Content Management Systems.
- Be proficient in Project and budget management.
Download full role description here!
To apply, please complete an application
form and return to [email protected]
Closing date: 19 July 2022
*Interviews can be held on Teams or in person following Covid-19 guidelines.
If you would like more information, please phone 0131312 4718 or email
The Scottish Wildlife Trust is a passionate employer, proactive about creating a culture of
diversity and inclusive workplace that promotes and values equal opportunities for all. We
welcome individuals from all networks of life, backgrounds, and experiences.
Find out more & apply