Senior Ecologist - Derbyshire
Competitive salary plus benefits
Closing date: Monday, 25th July 2022
This is a great opportunity to join our friendly and supportive team in Derbyshire and one of
the UK’s largest and most experienced independent ecological consultancies.
You will take responsibility for complex, high-profile and ecologically interesting projects.
We will work with you to develop your skills in all aspects of ecology and consultancy work
through mentoring, a structured review process and tailored training programme.
We are particularly looking for more experienced candidates including those with specialist
interest in bats (including tree climbers), badgers, holders of mitigation licences, botanists
and strong project managers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer benefits that include a flexible working policy,
25 days annual leave, private healthcare, company-funded social events and health and
What We Are Looking For
You will have:
- Relevant professional ecological experience (ideally including at least three full years of
- A broad ecological skill-set and, ideally, one or more protected species licences.
- Knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current and evolving wildlife policy
- Confidence in written and verbal communication.
- Effective project management and client liaison skills.
- The ability to identify, understand, and resolve ecological issues.
- Enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK.
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology.
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation.
- A good BSc and / or MSc in a relevant subject.
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport.
Why work for BSG Ecology
- We are a multi-award winning, highly respected, industry leading consultancy with a strong
reputation for technical ability amongst our clients and fellow professionals.
- All our ecologists have the opportunity to work on projects across a wide range of sectors
including heritage, renewable energy, residential, leisure and minerals and with a diverse
range of clients.
- We are committed to investing in training and career development. We have a structured
programme of internal training for new starters that is complemented by additional external
training and mentoring.
- Health and safety and staff wellbeing are at the forefront of everything we do. We
recognise the importance of maintaining a good work life balance. We do this through careful
resourcing of work, the implementation of robust TOIL policies and flexible working
- We have sophisticated cloud-based project management and tailored GIS systems, allowing us
to work across offices and remotely.
How to apply
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter telling us about yourself, what you feel you
will bring to our team and your preferred office location to Rowena Scott-Campbell ([email protected]) by Monday 25th
Find out more & apply