Principal Ecologist - Newcastle
£40,000 - £55,000 pa
Closing date: Monday, 25th July 2022
We are looking for a motivated Principal Ecologist to lead and grow our well-established
The role will involve mentoring staff, managing and technically directing a range of projects
for the Newcastle office as well as working with the Directors and other Principal Ecologists
company wide, as part of the Senior Management Group.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer benefits that include a flexible working policy,
25 days annual leave, private healthcare, company-funded social events and health and
What we are looking for
An ideal candidate will have:
- At least seven years applied professional experience.
- A wide range of ecological survey experience including European Protected Species
- The ability to mentor and manage other staff, organise the team and represent the office in
company wide discussions.
- Experience of various aspects of project management, including financial management.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current wildlife
- The ability to analyse and interpret data, to provide clear and concise written advice, to
technically review a variety of written outputs, and to resolve complex ecological issues.
- The desire to promote high standards in ecology and an in interest and aptitude for
- Full membership of CIEEM (CEcol would be advantageous) and a good BSc and/or MSc in a
Why work for BSG Ecology?
- We are a multi-award winning, highly respected, industry leading consultancy with a strong
reputation for technical ability amongst our clients and fellow professionals.
- All our ecologists have the opportunity to work on projects across a wide range of sectors
including heritage, renewable energy, residential, leisure and minerals and with a diverse
range of clients.
- We are committed to investing in training and career development. We have a structured
programme of internal training for new starters that is complemented by additional external
training and mentoring.
- Health and safety and staff wellbeing are at the forefront of everything we do. We
recognise the importance of maintaining a good work life balance. We do this through careful
resourcing of work, the implementation of robust TOIL policies and flexible working
- We have sophisticated cloud-based project management and tailored GIS systems, allowing us
to work across offices and remotely.
How to apply
Please send a CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in the role to
Rowena Scott-Campbell ([email protected]) by Monday
25th July 2022.
Find out more & apply