Technical Support, Marine (203201)
Natural Resources Wales
Closing date: Sunday, 10th July 2022
Grade & Salary: G4, £27,003 rising to £30,688 over four years
Post numbers: 203201
Type of contract: Fixed Term Appointment for 18 months
Work pattern: 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Are you informed and passionate about the marine environment in Wales? Do you enjoy supporting
and working collaboratively with a wide range of people? If so, then we’ve got the job for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised team player to be part of a team of marine
advisors. You will help us to deliver our marine programme in NRW. The marine programme brings
together all our work to support the sustainable management of marine natural resources. Work
- supporting design, delivery, review and monitoring of projects across the programme
- supporting programme delivery groups
If this sounds like you – apply now!
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to the marine environment; Welsh, UK
Government policy drivers in marine conservation, planning and management including marine
protected areas; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- An understanding of the sustainable management of natural resources and Area Statements.
- Experience of technical analysis and interpretation of a range of environmental information
- Working with/in marine stakeholder organisations, such as marine industry bodies or
- Strong and effective self-management, team-working, communication and organisational skills
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management
experience and/or qualifications.
- Working towards professional membership or aspiration to become a professional member of a
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business
in EPP as required.
Closing date: 10 July 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over
5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory
services and eye care and salary sacrifice schemes
Find out more & apply