Castle Howard Estate
York, North Yorkshire
£21,000 - £23,000 dependent on experience
We are seeking a strong administrator to work within the Forestry and Tree Nursery departments ensuring that all processes and procedures are followed in a timely manner. This is a varied role that will involve dealing with customers, preparing and processing applications to different industry relevant organisations and providing health and safety support to the Forestry Manager. The ideal candidate will have strong IT, office management and communication skills and have an interest in conservation.
Responsible for implementing all aspects of administration support to the Forestry Manager,
ensuring that all processes and procedures are followed through in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for customer enquiries to the Tree Nursery – producing
customer quotes, taking orders and payments.
- Track stock and sales including producing plant passport labels and customer labels and
- Manage record keeping for the Tree Nursery including traceability records.
- Organise customs clearance for imports, pre-notifying plant health authorities and applying
for plant passports on external systems.
- Produce nursery catalogues.
- Prepare and process felling documents including licence and tender applications and
contractor packs for operations.
- Prepare and process Forest Reproductive Material (FRM) notifications and applications,
ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and process tree works applications to Ryedale Council.
- Ensure forestry records are kept up to date including management plans, operational
monitoring, compartment records, vehicle records, tree incident records, tree inspection works
progress, contractor certificates etc.
- Work alongside our external health and safety consultant, reviewing and actioning documents
and ensuring all health and safety supplies are correct.
- Be the point of contact for firewood sales including booking order, processing payments.
- Prepare, match and check departmental invoices against delivery notes/purchase orders for
authorisation and process invoices in a timely manner
- Assist with other duties as and when required.
Find out more & apply