£32,000 - £36,000 pa depending on experience
conservation & wildlife
Closing date: Monday, 4th July 2022
5 days left
Rewilding Britain wants to see rewilding flourishing across Britain – reconnecting us with the natural world, sustaining communities and tackling the climate emergency and extinction crisis. Established in 2014 as the only national rewilding charity in Britain, our mission is to champion rewilding, acting as a catalyst for debate and action and demonstrating the power of nature to address the enormous threats we face.
We are looking for an experienced and creative media relations officer with enthusiasm and
drive to support our mission. Your role will be to work with our senior media consultant and
small Engage team to develop and deliver a programme of media coverage which will build
Rewilding Britain’s reputation and impact.
You should have excellent writing and organisational skills, and proven expertise in delivering
inspiring, on-message, effective media coverage.
Reporting into our Head of Brand and Comms, you will be a keen and collaborative member of our small Engage team. You will be comfortable working autonomously and remotely, with a suitable home office working environment and equipment. We hope you will share our passion and have some expertise in conservation and ecology, particularly rewilding.
Purpose: to enhance our Engage team, with a specific remit to support and deliver a programme of media activity to build Rewilding Britain’s reputation and impact.
Reports to: Head of Brand and Comms, with a dotted line to senior media consultant.
Writing media materials
- Writing press releases, letters for publication and position statements/quotes, working with
colleagues, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Uploading press releases to the website.
- Writing briefing notes - key messages and lines to take - for interviewees.
- Writing features and blogs for publication, including our and others’ websites.
- Drafting Q&A documents and drafting messages by audience.
Managing incoming media enquiries
- Monitor the Media email inbox, triaging requests and responding verbally and in writing to
media enquiries, in liaison with our senior media consultant.
- Providing images, logos or other content for media, sourcing case studies as required.
- Arranging interviews and briefing staff beforehand to ensure messages are accurate and
Proactively driving media coverage
- Developing media plans on key issues.
- Distributing media releases and position statements.
- Calling key media to sell-in stories.
- Building and nurturing relationships with key media contacts, bloggers and
- Contributing media expertise to wider communications and project plans.
- Generating ideas to obtain media coverage.
Monitoring media coverage
- Maintain media contacts list, growing our list of contacts which ranges from editors and
senior journalists to bloggers, podcasters and influencers/commentators.
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on media activity to prove impact and maximise
- Preparing media evaluation reports - by project or issue, and for quarterly/annual corporate
- Keep ahead of latest thinking in rewilding and related ecological issues, including in
relevant legislation, policy and practice development.
- Keep ahead of innovation and developments in media relations particularly related to charity
communications and conservation issues.
- Collaborate, support and liaise with team members to ensure the team is happy and productive.
- Represent the organisation in the media occasionally.
Download the full job
specification from our website.
Please send your application, as detailed in the job specification,
to [email protected] by 5pm on Monday 4 July.
Find out more & apply