Retrofit Programme Manager
Croydon, South London or Sittingbourne, Kent
£56,934 pa (London) / £56,123 pa (Kent)
carbon, climate & energy, sustainability
Closing date: Thursday, 7th July 2022
We’re looking for an experienced Retrofit Programme Manager who wants to make
a difference and strives in a challenging fast paced environment with a proven track record of
planning and formulating retrofit programmes.
You will work closely with your fellow colleagues across asset management and property
services, scenario testing a range of measures in our energy modelling software such as SAP,
heat demand and carbon emissions to stress test financial plans.
Within this role your main duties will be:
- Responsible for the programme formulation and dashboard reporting on the delivery of
various decarbonisation programmes.
- Drive forward the net zero carbon agenda in decarbonising Optivo’s housing stock, including
SHDF and other grant funded retrofit programmes.
- Build relationships and partnership ways of working internally and externally in the
planning of retrofit programmes and initiatives that promote joined up working.
- Identify and manage funding opportunities which include SHDF, ECO, Green Homes Grant.
- Assist the Head of Sustainability with producing costed short, medium and long-term
programmes utilising stock and energy data.
- Responsible for adjustments made to the retrofit programmes, ensuring works are allocated
accurately in line with targets and required standards (PAS 2035).
- Ensuring the overall integrity of the retrofit programmes, effective co-ordination of the
work streams and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and
This role is essential for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum in working
towards the decarbonisation of Optivo’s stock, by formulating programmes to deliver retrofit
work and respond to the changing external environment.
What you will need:
We are seeking a candidate who has a housing background either within the public or private
sector, who is able to demonstrate the below:-
- Knowledge of the net zero carbon agenda and understanding of relevant legislation and
- Programme management qualification or appropriate level of work experience
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of community engagement and resident liaison
- Experience of formulating high profile programmes in a changing environment
- Experience of driving cultural change
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient use of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Expertise in budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Credibility to advise and support staff in other teams on their projects in relation to
- Can use the appropriate IT tools to manage projects and produce
dashboards/reports/presentations for different audiences.
- Solution focused, ability to create innovative solutions
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, be persuasive and diplomatic while remaining
- Organised and methodical approach to work
What’s in it for you?
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and
inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging
inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of
thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own
way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be
themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution
to our One Team approach.
Closing date: Thursday 7th July 2022 at 23:59pm.
Find out more & apply