Romulus - Centre Court Shopping Centre
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week initially, potential to increase.
Centre Court Wimbledon is looking for a keen gardener to establish and manage the regular
maintenance of an urban farm. This position requires dedication and skill in growing
techniques, creativity and commitment to the vision and mission of Centre Court. The role has
the potential to grow into a larger commitment with the installation of a mushroom farm and
potential satellite sites across the Romulus portfolio.
- Cultivate an urban garden on the roof space of Centre Court
- Plan and implement crop rotation and planting schedules in three green houses
- Ensure a growing cycle for regular harvests throughout the year.
- Develop and execute a pest management and disease control plan.
- Manage regular visits to the Centre over the week to ensure crop health
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of farm production and progress.
- Utilise sustainable agriculture methods, including weed management, integrated pest
management, and develop of soil structure through composting.
- Develop relationships with local partners and customers.
- Collect and store yield of produce
- Assist with the installation of a mushroom farm with the view of management of the fruiting
tents after initial set up complete.
- Be a keen gardener
- Horticultural knowledge
- Commitment to sustainable farming practices
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours
- Capable of working independently
- Experience of low yield farming in a commercial environment
- Interest in Mushroom Farming
- Locally engaged
To apply, please email Lynsey Coleman - [email protected]