Fundraising Officers x2
Flexible in England
£23,939 - £26,558 pa
conservation & wildlife
Closing date: Wednesday, 29th June 2022
2 days left
Do you have the passion and professionalism to raise funds for the RSPB, and play your part in
saving nature in the coasts, countryside and towns of England? We're offering two fantastic
opportunities to develop your skills in fundraising and project management as part of our
dedicated fundraising team. If you are enthusiastic about the RSPB's mission and can
demonstrate your talents and transferable skills for fundraising, we would like to hear from
We are looking for two individuals (1x permanent & 1x maternity cover) who are
super-organised, self-confident, friendly, energetic and helpful. You will be flexible and
adaptable to changing priorities and enjoy getting things done whilst working as part of a
team. With a keen eye for detail, you are confident in managing financial and other numeric
information. You are a persuasive and versatile writer. You are confident in presenting your
case in one-to-one or small group situations, and you have proven ability to manage competing
priorities to tight deadlines.
*Please ensure you specify whether you are applying for the permanent or maternity
cover role in your application.
Both of these positions are full-time, however we would consider part-time hours
working no fewer than 22.5 hours across the working week.
In this role, you will need to:
- Identify potential external funding sources and match these to agreed priority work on our
nature reserves and projects, as allocated by the Fundraising Manager, in support of the RSPB’s
aim to save nature.
- Complete funding bids tailored to external funding bodies to secure income to fund and grow
- Working with colleagues across the RSPB, ensure our funders have an excellent supporter
experience with us and raise their awareness and understanding of RSPB.
- Identify the requirements of our funders, including communications requirements, and manage
the delivery of any funding conditions to optimise opportunities and build effective
- Monitor and ensure accurate administration of funding, in line with the team’s work
programme and the RSPB’s project management framework, to ensure effective governance and
- Produce regular reports to assess progress and action needed against KPIs to ensure agreed
annual performance targets are met.
- Ensure funder engagement activity is correctly branded, represents our organisational
values and follows governance guidelines to build a strong reputation and brand for the RSPB.
- Plan and attend appropriate meetings and events in order to manage funder and partner
relationships and advocate the work of the RSPB to grow support in order to save nature.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
- Understanding of fundraising (grants, trusts, businesses) and donor and supporter
- Understanding of and application of project management principles.
- Sales and or/fundraising.
- Proven excellent writing skills.
- Able to interpret complex information and communicate it simply to target audiences.
- Persuasive communicator and negotiator with the ability to influence.
- Able to work under own initiative, with the confidence to ask for support and direction
- Solutions-focused approach, with the ability to overcome setbacks in order to get the right
outcome for the RSPB.
- Able to organise oneself effectively and prioritise work in order to get the right things
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service to a variety of audiences.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proven experience in fundraising/ sales and delivering to income targets.
- Proven experience of relationship development in an outward facing role in the not for
profit or private sector.
- Proven experience of working as part of a team.
- A-level education or equivalent.
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification/experience in relevant field.
- Professional or academic qualification in fundraising.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Understanding of charity sector and associated fundraising techniques.
- Interest in, knowledge of and passion for nature.
Please note that you will be asked to complete an online application form, where you will be
able to explain why you are best suited for this role. Please clearly state on the
application form whether you are applying for the permanent or maternity cover role, or
We will be looking to conduct interviews on Monday the 11th and Tuesday 12th of July
2022. For further information please contact [email protected].
The RSPB is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the
workplace. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Find out more & apply