National Energy Foundation
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£35,000 - £38,000 pa
carbon, climate & energy, sustainability
Closing date: Friday, 27th May 2022
7 days left
The Marketing Manager will lead the overall NEF marketing strategy. You will oversee the
creation and delivery of marketing plans that fulfil the organisational charitable strategy,
meet business development targets and ensure all communications are accurate, well-crafted and
on-brand. You will provide high quality advice and guidance on marketing matters and
collaborate with other teams to create good commercial outcomes.
To provide a quality service you might already have a strong understanding of our customers and
markets – or you’ll need to develop that understanding quickly. Your key responsibilities will
- Alongside senior colleagues, develop and own the NEF marketing and communications strategy.
- Management of NEF’s portfolio of websites to implement design changes, improving
functionality, check Google Analytics and make necessary changes to refine and improve the
- Management of website content and SEO – ensuring all written, photographic and multimedia
content is up-to-date, commissioning new content where required, and keeping the sites
- Management of NEF’s social media strategy across its portfolio of projects and websites,
including regular updates of blogs and other content across various social media channels.
- Management of NEF’s marketing collateral – supervising design, print and production of
brochures, leaflets, corporate videos, case studies, testimonials etc.
- Leadership of direct marketing creative campaigns, including creating, sending out and
measuring impact of e-newsletters and direct mail.
- Management of NEF charitable identity and branding guidelines, ensuring absolute
consistency of brand across all parts of the business; managing production of company
stationery, branded templates for documents, bids and presentations, production of business
cards, office signage etc.
- Management of special promotions or ‘themed’ activities.
- Management of exhibitions and events, including choosing which events to attend, sorting
exhibition and display materials and leading attendance schedules.
- Management of sponsorships, ensuring brand consistency and maximum exposure.
- Entering awards for the company – writing the awards submissions, gathering evidence and
- Representing NEF at new business meetings, conference speaking opportunities, attendance at
conventions and trade shows; all with potential for out-of-hours networking.
- A minimum of 3 years marketing experience, ideally in a charitable environment and across a
mixture of marketing techniques, including content, digital, direct and social marketing.
- Knowledge of (or an interesting in learning) sustainability, in particular on energy
- Branding experience.
- Budget management experience and good numerical skills.
- Experience of digital content & social media, including scheduling programmes.
- Copywriting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and stability in challenging situations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised, with good time management skills.
- Self-motivated and adaptable, with a willingness to learn.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Computer literate –Microsoft Office, Dynamics 365, Mac & Windows OS.
- Experience working both independently, and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to execute, monitor and analyse campaigns.
Application process: Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter outlining why you feel you
would excel in this role by Friday 27th May 2022. Applicants who send their CV without
a covering letter will not be considered for the role.