environmental policy & campaigning, sustainability
Closing date: Sunday, 29th May 2022
5 days left
Keep Scotland Beautiful – Your Charity for Scotland’s Environment
Corporate Services Officer
Keep Scotland Beautiful are looking for a Corporate Services Officer to join their small but
busy team. This is a key role providing corporate administrative support across key areas of
Keep Scotland Beautiful are a charity based in Stirling, Scotland. We aim to change behaviour
to improve the quality of people’s lives, their wellbeing and the places that they care for.
Working closely with the Head of Corporate Services this role that would suit someone that
enjoys variety, working with people and has strong organisational and communication skills.
- To ensure the effective provision of personnel administration to support the employee and
- To be responsible for all aspects of compliance with, and application to, the Protection of
Vulnerable Groups scheme for KSB employees and volunteers.
- To support the recruitment and retention of the charity’s employees and volunteers, in
particular through regularly reviewing the Employee and Volunteer Handbooks and associated
- To assist the Head of Corporate Services in the implementation of the employee handbook and
associated policies, including reviewing and updating policies where necessary.
- To implement and develop systems to improve internal communications, including staff
- To assist the Head of Corporate Services in the implementation of organisational
development projects as and when required.
- To ensure the effective provision of corporate administration services, including reviewing
and developing processes and procedures.
- To assist the Head of Corporate Services in the implementation of duties relating to
facilities and office management.
- Foster effective internal relationships to enable two-way information/intelligence sharing
regarding potential areas for development, gaps in service provision and ways to improve
- To develop and maintain close communications with fellow employees to ensure the maximum
flow of information, understanding and ideas.
- To familiarise, develop and adhere to all internal policies and procedures.
- To ensure compliance with the company’s Health and Safety policy.
- To observe the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To undertake such work as may be determined from time to time up to or on a level
commensurate with the main responsibilities of the post.
This list should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of duties, rather, the key elements of the
expected workload of the CSO.
CORPORATE SERVICES OFFICER
Education / Training
- HND (SCQF Level 8) and/or degree in business studies or equivalent experience
- Evidence of career development
- Working towards CIPD qualification
- Experience in personnel administration covering the full employee and volunteer lifecycle
- General awareness of employment law and legislation
- Supporting the development of employee and volunteer handbooks, policies and procedures
- Understanding of the PVG scheme, processes and requirements
- Understanding and working knowledge of recruitment processes and procedures
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Publisher and
- Proven experience of project management and managing a busy and varied workload
- General office administration and facilities support experience.
- An understanding of the operating environment that faces charities and/or not-for-profit
- Understanding of current website and social media technologies
- Have an interest in environmental/sustainable development issues
- Understanding and experience in supporting the implementation of organisational
- Knowledge and experience of charity governance in Scotland
Behaving ethically - Identifying and resolving own concerns and those of
others, in a fair and ethical manner, whilst also striving to comply fully with legal and
organisational values, standards and codes of practice.
Teamwork - Ability to work as part of a team, motivating, influencing and
Customer focus - Understanding of own role and its relationship to the
customer, internal and external, continuously focusing on seeking to exceed customer
Acting confidently and taking decisions - Being assertive and unhesitating in
taking the lead and accepting accountability for ones responsibilities; taking decisions and
stating views confidently and succinctly, eliminating ‘blame culture’.
Effective communication - Willingness to actively listen to others, actively
share information and have the ability to express oneself clearly.
Making and meeting commitments – Executing and achieving what is promised
through planning and organising priorities. Monitoring progress to ensure consistently high
Innovative and creative thinking - Ability to identify opportunities and take
action to bring about improvements.
Gaining information effectively -Proactively using knowledge to facilitate
progress and/or assist problem solving
Values and Attitudes
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Keep Scotland Beautiful; combat climate change,
tackle litter and waste and, protect and enhance the places we love
- Values: Collaboration, Positivity, Ambition, Innovation
- Commitment to fair, inclusive, equal opportunities and healthy and safe working practices
- Able to exercise discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to travel
- Able to undertake some evening and weekend commitments
- Willingness to participate in training (where relevant)
How to apply and process for interview
This role is based in Stirling, however KSB operate a hybrid working policy so you will be able
to work at home for an agreed number of days each week.
This role is 0.8 FTE, ideally working 3 full days and 2 half days, but this can be discussed
and agreed with the candidate at the interview.Please note the salary shown for this role is the pro-rata salary, the FTE is £27,000.
If you are interested in this role, please complete the attached application form and equal
opportunities form and send to [email protected].
Closing date for applications is midnight on 29th May 2022. Guidance notes for the application
form are available to support you through the form.
There will be a two-stage interview process for this role, with interviews taking place in June
No agencies please.