South East Rivers Trust
£23,000 - £25,000 pa pro rata
We are looking for a positive, highly organised and self-motivated person to undertake the
administrative duties that underpin the running of the Trust.
You will be joining the Trust during an exciting period of growth, helping to shape, inform and
implement the systems needed for a thriving organisation.
You will support staff and the Trust through activities such as providing administrative
support to the Chief Executive Officer and others, assisting with the implementation of
policies and procedures, HR administration, and administrative support for meetings. Your role
will include a wide range of general office duties, such as ordering supplies, taking bookings,
helping with IT equipment and software and answering the main telephone line. You will be
responsible for management of the Trust’s office and will be the Trust’s main liaison point
with the landlord. You will support the Finance Manager with financial administration such as
purchase invoice processing, expenses, budgets and timesheets, and the preparation of financial
The role would suit someone with significant experience working in administration.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Office and Trust Administrative Management
- Providing a professional and courteous front-of-house service, including telephone, email
and other enquiries.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the Trust’s administrative systems, e.g.
the asset register, HR forms, and the Trust’s Accident Book.
- Helping with the organisation of meetings and conferences (e.g. booking rooms/venues,
photocopying and printing, preparing documents, minute taking and making refreshments).
- Co-ordinating the Trust’s phone and IT equipment and software, including monitoring
- Maintaining an overview of the Trust’s GDPR policies and procedures, including data
retention, breaches and subject access requests.
- Maintaining a tidy and organised office environment, including purchasing stationery,
maintaining office equipment and co-ordinating storage facilities.
- Liaising with our landlord and disseminating relevant information to Trust staff.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the Trust’s accounting processes including purchase
invoice processing, expenses, budgets and timesheets, and the preparation of financial claims.
- Support the Management Team with internal policies and procedures, e.g. holding the
Employee Handbook and arranging equipment and software for new starters.
- Supporting all team members with day-to-day administrative needs such as printing,
purchasing and travel arrangements.
Project and Communications Support
- Manage the booking system for the Trust including meeting rooms, event registration,
training courses/conferences, accommodation and the Trust’s school education programme.
- Maintaining the Trust’s project case studies, and uploading these to online databases as
- Administrative support for project work as needed.
- Administration of a Supporters’ Scheme should the Trust set one up.
- Administrative support of a trading arm when it is set up.
- Contribute to and uphold the good reputation of the Trust, promoting the work of the Trust.
- Adhere to Trust policies and procedures and contribute to their development where
- Other duties as necessary
Find out more & apply