Sustainability, Communication and Outreach Officer
Haringey, North London
£25,000 pa dependent on experience
Closing date: Not specified, apply soon!
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission at Veolia is to
'Resource the World'. We have a new opportunity for a Sustainability, Communication and Outreach Officer to join our team based in Haringey (North London).
This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career
and gain industry-leading experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Improving communities, protecting the environment and creating an inclusive culture is right at
the heart of our business. Together our employees make our communities better. They are the
Resourcers, behind the resources. We want you to be part of our diverse workforce!
What will you be doing?
- Delivering impactful campaigns with a passion to improve recycling and reducing waste with
the use of behaviour change theories
- Research, develop and deliver projects to promote effective recycling and responsible
environmental behaviours to communities
- Deliver engagement activities to achieve project goals, which could include identifying
target audiences, developing appropriate strategies to communicate key messages and change
behaviours, organising community events and tours of the site
- Identify opportunities for innovation and process improvement within their contract and
- Support the Digital and PR team when required with reactive positive media and social media
enquiries, alongside supporting the Digital and PR Officer in the preparation of press
releases, website updates, and social media communications
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in project planning and management
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation, especially within communications
- Strong Microsoft Office/Google Suite software skills and highly computer literate
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong interest in sustainability and environmental awareness
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field, or significant project
- UK driving licence and willingness to drive in the borough to conduct research and
Our promise to you
In return, you will receive 25 days of holiday and an extensive benefits package which includes
our market-leading pension and share scheme as well as employee discounts. Additionally, we
provide mental health and financial support because we are committed to supporting you. Apply
now so together we can make our communities better.
Find out more & apply