Senior Land Management Consultant
Freedom Land & Estate Services are currently recruiting a Senior Land Management Consultant
to be part of the 7-strong delivery team, working closely with the Principal Environmental
Consultant and Technical Director for the Division.
Within our current frameworks Freedom delivers advice on land management strategy and planning,
habitat creation and management, ecological surveys and impact assessment, forestry and
woodland management, agricultural land management and scheme advice, landscape assessment, pest
control, land restoration and soils, drainage, health, safety and environmental compliance,
public access and recreation, Japanese Knotweed, appointment and management of contractors,
stakeholder liaison, reporting and a wide range of other land management related activities. As
well as advising on and scoping all works, Freedom manages delivery all the way through to
completion including all aspects of health and safety.
- Provide Environmental Land Management technical advice and support to enable Freedom to
meet the technical and delivery requirements of its clients. This requires a good knowledge and
experience of practical delivery of land management activities;
- Manage work programme delivery at a number of sites;
- Attend site meetings to coordinate delivery of local work programmes and work closely with
- Manage individual technical projects covering a wide range of topics and utilising a wide
range of specialist sub consultants and contractors;
- Produce and quality control reports to ensure high quality delivery of content to the
- Management and supervision of the sub-contractors, and the associated compliance with
internal and external requirements for delivery (health and safety, certification, training);
- Provide technical input into budgeting and pricing of work programmes and quotes for
additional call off work;
- Budgeting and maintenance of financial information;
- Attend monthly contract reviews and provide rolling forecasts for contract delivery;
- Develop client relationships and win new business.
You will have:
- Substantial experience of working within the environmental / land management consultancy
- Experience and knowledge of land-based industries (Agriculture, Land Management, Forestry,
Ecology and Landscape);
- Practical understanding of Habitat creation, maintenance and restoration. Practical
understanding of ecology, ecological mitigation and wildlife legislation
- Ability to work under pressure in a heavily regulated compliance driven environment
- Good commercial acumen
- Understanding of health and safety management and its application in the context of
construction and rural land management.
- Member (or working toward membership) of a relevant professional body covering
environmental and/or land management work areas - Desirable
- A degree in Ecology, Agriculture, Forestry or a relevant subject - Desirable
Freedom are part of the NG Bailey Group, one of the leading independent engineering and
services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we
are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our
innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic
ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly
defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable
you to be the best you can be.
Find out more & apply