Earthworm Foundation (EF) is now seeking a motivated Relationship Manager to work with a range of EF member and client companies on programmes to support responsible sourcing of natural raw materials. The successful candidate will have a passion for environmental and social issues, be an outgoing relationship builder, critical thinker, pragmatic problem solver, collaborative team player, and a self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
Relationship Manager responsibilities:
The Relationship Manager will manage a portfolio of relationships with EF member and client companies based primarily in the UK. Key responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a team to build strong relationships between EF, assigned Member companies and other relevant partners and stakeholders;
- Create proposals, negotiate contracts and identify opportunities to grow the scope of work;
- Develop and implement work plans collaboratively with Members and other EF teams. Monitor progress and ensure delivery and reporting commitments are fulfilled;
- Support Members in supply chain environmental and social risk and opportunity analysis, mapping, and reporting in conjunction with other EF teams;
- Support Members on stakeholder, supplier and customer engagement;
- Develop Member-related communication tools and documents in collaboration with other EF teams;
- Represent EF at relevant industry events and conferences;
- Help identify prospective companies and commodities that present opportunities to increase EF’s impact on responsible commodity production;
- Support development and implementation of global EF strategies.
The successful candidate will initially be responsible for leading EF’s relationship with two leading companies in the food and healthcare categories and managing selected activities with one additional company.
Responsibilities may change over time. Subject to workload there will also be the chance to participate in development of opportunities for prospective companies and commodities.
Relationship Manager requirements:
- University degree or higher in business management, the environment, sociology/anthropology, international development, or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience working with business clients;
- Experience in supply chains from a relationship management, supply-chain management or sustainability perspective. Knowledge of natural raw materials and agricultural commodities an advantage;
- Good understanding of environmental, labour and social responsibility issues in supply chains;
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience engaging with stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate teams to successfully deliver on complex projects;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong organisational skills and keen attention to detail;
- Good analytical skills and comfortable working with complex data;
- Committed to Earthworm Foundation values: Compassion; Courage; Humility; Truth; Respect;
- Fluency in English (written & spoken);
- Other languages (e.g. French, Spanish) an advantage;
- Based in Winchester office, UK with flexibility for hybrid working;
- Regular travel within the UK;
- Occasional travel in Europe and to long-haul destinations, such as field sites in SE Asia;
- Our global operations span many time zones which means staff may be required to work outside office hours;
- UK national or legal authorisation to work in the UK required.
Earthworm Foundation is an international non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
EF currently has presence in 16 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ more than 200 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of natural raw materials such as palm oil, rubber, cocoa and soy to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What we offer:
- A unique work experience in a dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
- An organic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team with passionate people.
- The opportunity to lead complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different tasks.
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Contract Type: Open-ended
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £37,000 - £44,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Relationship Manager, Client Relations Executive, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Business Development Executive, Partnerships Manager, Relationships Manager, Corporate Partnerships, Sustainability, Responsible Sourcing, Ethical Trade, Supply Chain Management etc.
Ref: 132 190