Forestry Civil Engineer x2
Natural Resources Wales
Ceredigion and Powys, Wales
£30,873 pa rising to £34,218 over three years
Closing date: Sunday, 23rd January 2022
6 days left
Forestry Civil Engineer x 2
- Location: Ceredigion and Powys
- Grade & Salary: G5, £30,873 rising to £34,218 over three years
- Post number: 200492 / 202602
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Full Time
Closing date: 23 January 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over
5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory
services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The natural resources of Wales provide us with clean air, clean water, food and shelter. They
give us all a better quality of life, opportunities to enjoy the outdoors against the backdrop
of Wales’ natural beauty and are part of Welsh culture, heritage and language.
At Natural Resources Wales (NRW) we’re passionate about sustainably managing our natural
resources and enjoy working in the mountains, woodlands and beautiful landscapes of Wales.
The post holder will join the Integrated Engineering team who design and build the roads and
infrastructure in the Welsh Government Woodland Estate to allow the careful management of this
As a Civil Engineer you will develop and deliver a programme for complex infrastructure
construction and maintenance including forest roads, bridges, junctions and major tracks in our
Qualifications and skills
- Experience in civil engineering contract management & project planning &
understanding of NEC3 form of contract.
- Knowledge and understanding of CDM2015 and construction Health, Safety & Environmental
- Knowledge of forest road construction (wet bound macadam) and of working in a rural /
- Knowledge of concrete and timber bridge construction techniques.
- Knowledge of Forest and Water Guidelines (V5) and the European Water Framework Directive.
- Knowledge of the Quarry Regulations (1999) and quarry management procedures.
- Knowledge of CAD packages such as AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of Project delivery via framework contracts.
- Knowledge and Experience of managing teams/individuals.
- Knowledge and Experience of managing team/individuals.
- Experience of compiling tender documents/drawings.
- Member, or working towards membership, of professional body e.g. ICE.
Please visit our website to apply.
Find out more & apply