Avon Wildlife Trust
Avon Wildlife Trust is the largest local charity working to protect wildlife in the Avon area.
- We represent a membership of more than 17,000 people and growing fast…
- We lead conservation work by taking an innovative approach to wildlife recovery on a landscape scale, to increase biodiversity in the wider environment through our Living Landscapes Grassland Project work.
- We manage 35 nature reserves covering over 1,100 hectares – from salt marshes and reed beds to species-rich grasslands and ancient woodlands.
- We play a leading role in the Avon Biodiversity Partnership.
- We inspire lifelong learning through enjoyment and access to the natural environment, in both urban and rural areas.
- We run a major wildlife centre at Folly Farm in the Chew Valley.
- We co-ordinate a task force of more than 500 volunteers who help in all areas of the Trust’s work, from conservation tasks on reserves to helping in the Trust office.
- We campaign as the leading voice and source of expertise on all local wildlife matters.