Global Canopy Programme
£20,000 - £24,000 pa depending on experience
Job Title: Office Manager
Contract type: Full time (Job share considered)
To ensure staff have a good working environment, by managing the office space, facilities and IT services, and to provide administrative support to the senior management team and HR function.
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Line managing: None
GCP Programme: Within the Finance & Operations team
OFFICE MANAGEMENT: support a functioning office by making sure that the building, utilities, equipment, visitors /callers, landlords, suppliers, tenants and policies are well managed, and costs are within budget.
IT: Help GCP staff to work effectively, by managing the IT support provider and administering Global Canopy’s hardware and software provision.
HUMAN RESOURCES: Support a first class HR function, by administering and supporting key processes such as recruitment, induction and appraisals – and overseeing GCP’s HR policies.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM SUPPORT: help the SMT to work effectively by managing calendars, travel, event-logistics and providing ad hoc support as needed.
Specific responsibilities include :
- Manage all aspects of premises functions, including printing services, IT services (see below), fire alarm testing, intruder alarm maintenance, PAT testing, cleaning, waste / recycling, garden maintenance
- Regular meetings with tenants and counterparts at neighbouring organisations to achieve harmonious shared office.
- Ensure that all legal compliance obligations are fully met and maintained, including health and safety
- Liaise with landlord’s agent and the City Council, on all relevant matters, including office maintenance, information and survey requests
- Oversee allocation and management of space to staff, interns, volunteers, desk users and visitors
- Liaise with CFO and Accounts team on combined and travel insurance needs, including providing support as needed.
- Manage the GCP intranet site, ensuring all content is kept up-to-date and useable, and developing functionality that supports operational implementation and delivery
- Answering the phone & greeting visitors
- Deal with contractors and suppliers for maintenance, utilities and other functions
- Purchase stationery / kitchen supplies
- Manage external IT services providers to ensure smooth functioning of all IT services, including broadband and telephone services; provide internal point of contact for GCP staff, helping with IT support needs
- Co-ordinate IT licences and services, such as Dropbox, Google apps, including management of software purchases
- Co-ordinate IT hardware purchasing (including peripherals), allocation of resources across staff, maintenance, and IT assets register (including periodic audit of assigned equipment)
- Oversee staff exit, including decommissioning of computers, email accounts, Dropbox, etc.
- Assist managers with recruitment and HR admin as needed
- Oversee the induction process for new starters
- Keep staff holiday and attendance records accurate
- Liaising with finance time as needed for payroll and other matters.
- Preparation of contracts and amendments as needed
- Liaise with our external HR services provider, Critchleys, to implement legal updates, and to develop and continuously improve policies
- Making travel arrangements, and managing calendars
- Assisting with meetings and events, eg by managing logistics or taking minutes.
- Assist with scanning, photocopying, expenses claims, postage, etc.
- Create, manage and monitor the budget for relevant areas of responsibility
- Maintain oversight and ensure proper development and implementation of Global Canopy’s operational policies and procedures, including addressing legal compliance questions.
- This is supported by other managers. It includes maintaining the GCP intranet site, ensuring all content is kept up-to-date and useable, and developing functionality that supports operational implementation and delivery
- Management of occasional contractors / casual staff as needed in relation to the above functions.
- Play an active role in GCP’s on-going development as a member of a small, dynamic team.
- Contribute to GCP’s other activities as appropriate.
- Other duties commensurate with the post and as required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Initiative to anticipate difficulties and to identify solutions.
- Pleasant and helpful, but able to define and stick to priorities.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in an office environment
- Understanding of office processes and procedures
- Accuracy and wish to complete tasks methodically
- Experience of amending intranet sites advantageous
- Understanding of the importance of legal compliance and some understanding of the law covering office working
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
when responding to this ad.