Wharton Tree & Ecology Consultants Ltd
£25,000 - £30,000 pa
Reference: ECO 002
ecology, conservation & wildlife
Closing date: Monday, 17 April 2017
Are you looking for a new opportunity for 2017.............We are looking for an enthusiastic person to lead and develop the ecology side of company.
Wharton Tree & Ecology Consultants Ltd is based in Alcester, Warwickshire, with clients across England and Wales. As a result of our continued commitment and increased client base we are looking for a Senior Ecologist to both undertake technical work and develop the ecology side of the company. The new position is aimed at a self-motivated, individual with good communication skills who wants to both develop their career, provide ideas to the business and implement ecology projects.
The main responsibility of the position is to manage the ecology department, delivering projects from start to finish, managing sub-consultants, supporting junior staff and supporting the marketing department with business development. Due to the running of the company you will also be expected to input into the generation of ideas. If this sounds like the perfect job for you give us a call, we’d like to chat to you.
Skills required for the position
The successful applicant will:
- be an excellent communicator and organiser and have excellent report writing skills.
- be diligent and accurate in your work, well presented, trustworthy and punctual.
- be willing to take this opportunity to learn, grow and provide a consistently high level of service, as part of our motivated team.
- be computer and IT literate with experience in using Microsoft Office products, with good language skills and an understanding of time management.
- be confident in providing ideas.
- hold a Bachelor’s degree and ideally a post-graduate qualification in ecology or an ecology-related subject.
- have a strong practical knowledge of planning and delivering habitat and protected species surveys.
- have experience of preparing fee proposals for a range of ecological services.
- be a full member of CIEEM (or other relevant professional body) or be eligible for full membership.
- have an in-depth understanding of legislative and policy issues relating to ecology and the planning process.
- hold a Class 2 bat licence and Great Crested Newt Class 1 licence (minimum)
- have proven consultancy experience (3+ years), ideally involving management of junior staff and sub-contractors.
- have experience of preparing and delivering European Protected Species Mitigation Licences.
- excellent organisational skills and an ability to meet deadlines on time and within budget.
- have a full UK driving licence and your own car are essential as travelling is an integral part of the role.
Most importantly, be able to provide solutions to our clients.
Duties of the position
The, applicant will be involved with, but not confined to:
- Ecological Impact Assessment, inclusive of the design/delivery of appropriate ecological mitigation strategies.
- Botanical and/or protected species survey (multi-species and licensed surveyors preferred).
- Protected species development licensing and the implementation of licensed mitigation.
- Habitat design and management plan writing.
- Clerk of works duties.
- GIS mapping and technical report writing, ideally with track record of producing professional consultancy reports.
- Client interfacing and delivery of projects to time and budget.
£25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Final salary and package will be based on qualification and experience. This is a position initially based on a 37 hour working week and 3 month probationary period.
If you want to develop your career, join a dynamic company, which is ISO9001 compliant, please send your CV with a covering letter of experience to Peter Wharton (email@example.com). If you wish to discuss the opportunity and role further please call Peter on 01789 459458.
when responding to this ad.