COOMBES Forestry Ltd
c.£25,000 - £30,000 pa
Closing date: Thursday, 30 March 2017
COOMBES is predominantly a rail organisation, who also work in forestry, powerline, water ways and highways industry and soon to be expanding into the civil world.
COOMBES is a successful organisation continuously growing into new sectors and are looking for an experienced Consultant Ecologist to further develop our Ecology division. The right candidate can expect full support and investment in training and development in providing the best service to our clients. In return, we expect a long term commitment to the job and the company, dedication and a professional approach to the way in which they work, speak to clients and write reports.
- Full time contract with holiday pay
- A career for the right person, as opposed to a fixed-term contract
- Based in Petersfield, Hampshire
- Vehicle provided for business purposes
- Salary in region of £25 - 30k for the right candidate - with potential overtime
- Hours will be roughly 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday, with a degree of flexibility
- Inspection of sites for clients ranging from a simple walkthrough survey / watching brief - to providing Phase I Habitat Survey and setting out mitigating procedures to prevent a client's project coming to a halt.
- Candidate will be required to periodically visit sites to conduct site surveys & checks and to provide relevant toolbox talks to the teams concerning ecological issues.
- Professional report writing skills with a good command of the English language.
- Candidate needs to be proactive and able to make decisions e.g.: to organise additional support where required, such as setting out reptile mats, conducting searches etc.
- Candidate should hold one or two protected species licences, such as Reptile / Bat / Badger.
- To provide training and support to other ecological staff members.
- Be willing to travel daily to site and/or stay away in accommodation (organised and paid for by company) where working over 1.5 hours' drive from office.
- The company will put the candidate through all relevant railway training to work in this environment and to ensure their safety at all times.
We are looking to employ a full time experienced Consultant Ecologist with a technical or innovative approach, to provide an extensive range of ecology assessments, surveys and habitat survey reports to our clients to meet the planning requirements of their development projects and to facilitate the same within our own vegetation & enabling works.
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV and contact details to: email@example.com
when responding to this ad.