carbon, climate & energy, sustainability
Closing date: Wednesday, 01 March 2017
E3G is a leading independent climate and energy think tank based in Bankside, close to the Tate Modern gallery. We run a busy office from our London base, and have other offices in Brussels, Berlin and Washington DC. We would like to recruit an Office Administrator to take control of a range of day-to-day activities which will help our London office to run smoothly and efficiently.
We are looking for a person with energy and commitment who will thrive in a busy and fast–moving office environment.
As no two days will be the same we need someone to be proactive with a mature and can-do attitude.
You will already have experience in a similar role and be confident in your ability to multi task and prioritise your own work. You must have excellent verbal and written English language skills.
Flexible hours will be considered, but with a minimum of 20 hours over five days (Mon-Fri)
The Office Administrator’s task list will include;
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a polite and courteous manner, redirecting and filtering calls where necessary
- Point of contact for all suppliers and services to the office, regularly reviewing performance and achieving best value for money.
- Managing leave records for all staff ensuring correct sign off of forms and paperwork filed correctly.
- Ensure meeting rooms are clean and ready for meetings, receive external visitors and ensure meetings start and finish on time and are properly provisioned (including sandwich lunches, if required)
- Managing the meeting rooms calendar
- Assist with company events and ad-hoc projects
- First point of contact for any office/building maintenance issues ensuring they are resolved quickly and efficiently with contractors.
- Managing office petty cash float and keeping a log of all office expenditure.
- Managing the office space as the business grows, ensuring space is being used efficiently
- Oversee kitchen and office supplies costs ensuring value for money.
- Coordination of IT equipment and telephony equipment, and liaising with IT support.
- Human Resources administration. To include recruitment and induction administration, and booking training courses.
Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A CV of maximum two pages;
- A cover letter of no more than one page outlining your motivation for the job, salary expectations, and when you would be able to start.
The deadline for applications is 1st March.
when responding to this ad.