www.aldersgategroup.org.uk 020 7841 8966 Victoria Fleming-Williams
Closing date: Wednesday, 01 February 2017
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The Aldersgate Group (www.aldersgategroup.org.uk) is a politically impartial alliance of leaders from business, politics, academia and civil society that drives action for a sustainable economy. Our members include some of the largest businesses in the UK from a wide range of economic sectors, who have a collective global turnover of over £400bn. Other members include leading NGOs, professional institutes, public sector bodies, trade bodies and politicians from across the political spectrum.
With the UK’s decision to leave the European Union and establishment of a new government under Prime Minister Theresa May, the UK policy landscape has never been more dynamic. The Aldersgate Group is at the heart of the process and we will be working on the UK policies needed to decarbonise cost effectively and the new industrial strategy. We will also be working on key European policies, such as the Circular Economy package.
With major campaigns and policy developments ahead, we are looking for a new Communications Officer to grow the reputation and influence of the Aldersgate Group.
Purpose of the role
The successful candidate will join a small Secretariat (of five) to manage all communications, meetings, events and finances and provide administrative support to the Secretariat, Board and membership.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Communications: contributing to the group’s external media work (supporting the preparation of press releases etc.), building and maintaining contacts with relevant journalists, handling design and print of external reports, managing the Aldersgate Group twitter feed, monitoring relevant online news and social media (Twitter, LinkedIn) and keeping colleagues updated.
2. Managing website: keeping website up to date (using a content management system), developing a strategy and actively managing the Aldersgate blogsite.
3. Events: drafting invitations, agendas and event summaries, managing invitations and the RSVP process, plus ensuring the smooth running of events on the day, which may include some evening work. The Communications Officer will also be asked to represent the Aldersgate Group at some external events, where relevant.
4. Membership management: building relationships with all of the Aldersgate Group’s members, answering their queries and all reasonable requests, writing and circulating membership updates (using Mailchimp).
5. Accounts: managing the financial accounts, including invoicing members, tracking membership payments, managing staff salaries and taxes. Taking responsibility for the financial statements, which are reviewed quarterly by the Board, and for our annual financial accounts.
6. Office management: acting as the first point of contact for queries (internal and external), organising and supervising all administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office.
The successful candidate will hold a degree level qualification with at least two years of work experience. They will have:
The successful candidate will also:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary £26-28k per annum dependent on experience + 3% pension contributions
Contract Permanent, subject to completion of three month probation
Hours Monday – Friday, full time, 40 hours per week
Leave 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
Location Central London (SW1)
Start date Early April
Please email your CV (max two sides) and covering letter (max one side) to Victoria Fleming-Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date for the receipt of applications is 5.00pm GMT on Wednesday 1st February 2017. Applications received after this time will not be considered. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback on applications.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview w/c 20th February 2017.Short listed candidates will be invited for a second interview. The successful candidate will be invited to start in early April.
Please mention environmentjob.co.uk when responding to this ad.