Bingley, West Yorkshire
£20,000 pa + depending on experience
ecology, conservation & wildlife
Closing date: Monday, 06 February 2017
Do you have a passion and enthusiasm for wildlife? Can you help us deliver our quality tailored ecological advice to a wide range of amenity and sports organisations?
If this sounds like you, then we have a unique opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join STRI’s rapidly expanding UK operation, based in West Yorkshire.
STRI is the world’s leading sport surface consultants and solutions provider. We work with iconic venues and events to make great sport happen.
Your role will include:
- Delivering habitat management advice
- Undertaking ecological surveys
- Becoming a specialist in at least one key area of working
- Completing written reports and management plans
- Summarising site findings and recommendations
- Sharing knowledge through articles and by presenting at industry gatherings
You will need:
- A biological plant, earth science or related degree
- Passion for wildlife, ecological functioning, species identification and habitat management
- At least two years' experience in similar position
- A good understanding of wildlife and environmental legislation
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – both oral and written
- Excellent report writing skills
- Effective planning and time management skills
- Evidence of taxonomic and field work skills
- To be comfortable with national and international travel
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday 6 February 2017
when responding to this ad.