Sustainable Food Assistant
University of Westminster & Aramark
020 3506 6039
food, farming & organics, sustainability
Closing date: Monday, 30 January 2017
The University of Westminster and Aramark are jointly funding a fixed term post as a Sustainable Food Assistant to assist with the delivery of sustainable food initiatives.
Reporting to the University's Sustainability Manager and Aramark's General Manager, you will be implementing the Sustainable Food Plan and work towards Soil Association's Food for Life Catering Mark, as well as other behaviour change projects, such as Green Impact and Food Waste Campaigns. The role also requires good organisational skills and you will be required to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include;
- Support the delivery and monitoring of the Sustainable Food Action Plan, developed jointly by Aramark & the University.
- Ensure that Aramark & the University are compliant with environmental legislation, industry best practice and other environmental commitments across University estate.
- Encourage practices to reduce food waste within the University canteens.
- Update and deliver the Fairtrade Action Plan and lead the University’s Fairtrade Application.
- Support communication and promote awareness across the University on sustainable food initiatives and Fairtrade through events organisation and campaigns.
- Support Aramark’s participation in the University’s Green Impact programme
- Support the University’s League submission for Sustainable Food.
This is an exciting opportunity to get an insight into how the University works, as well as a catering firm.
Applications are via CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com by the 30th of January
when responding to this ad.