Consultant - National Solar Centre
carbon, climate & energy
Closing date: Not specified, apply soon!
Consultant – National Solar Centre Eden Project Cornwall
In order to deliver locally the recently secured ‘Cornwall New Energy’ project, a new Consultant role has become available at the BRE National Solar Centre (NSC), located at Eden Project, Cornwall. The role will help support the growth of BRE’s business in the south-west and assist in securing new clients for the recently launched Solar Roof Certification Scheme, BRE Academy training course and other NSC activities.
- Working as part of BRE NSC team, support and deliver Cornwall New Energy Project’s SME engagement, support sales generation and delivery of NSC services, products and research
- Responsible for generating contacts and meeting customers
- Responsible for responding to technical enquiries on PV and other BRE energy products and services
- Able to support and (in time) deliver training courses
- Support BRE’s collaborative research projects
- Based at NSC Offices in Eden Project, Cornwall
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline, or similar
- Good at networking in order to generate sales and for alliances
- Knowledge of rooftop and ground mounted solar PV, including quality control functions
- Knowledge of the design and installation, operation & maintenance, PV systems
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical and electronic systems
- Report writing and managing clients
Desirable experience of:
- Technical sales
- Practical hands on experience of rooftop/ ground mounted solar PV
- Solar performance modelling programmes (such as PV*Sol, PVSyst etc.)
- CAD and GIS software
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products from different manufacturers of solar/ energy storage equipment
- Working with local and national government organisations
- Working with the construction industry/ built environment
- Design and installation of energy storage systems
- Research projects relating to the built environment and RE systems
The candidate will need to demonstrate capability of working to deadlines and under own initiative and be able to travel across the UK.
To apply please visit our website.
when responding to this ad.